Jirene's Genealogy Treasures

Genealogical Information of Interest on my Ancestors: Morris and Ellsworth families including Lee, Halladay, Wanslee, Gordge, McFerren, and Blackhurst (England, Ireland, Wales, Australia to the US: Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Utah and Arizona), and the Butler and Adams families including Hancock, Lind, DeWitt, McCleve, Thetford, and Nielsen (England, Ireland, Denmark to the US: Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, New Jersey, Vermont, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Missouri, Utah, and Arizona).

May 3, 2010

Proof that We're Wacked (Yes, My Mom and Dad ARE Related!)

Here's living proof that our family is definitely wacked.  YES - My Mom and Dad ARE related:


(Click on the photo to enlarge it and to save it as your own.  If you want a copy without the writing on the photo, please email me via my profile.)  

I have indicated on the photo my Mom's ancestors, as well as my Dad's ancestors.  Now - the story:

Nancy Jane McFerrin (seated in center of photo) and her husband, John McCleve, emigrated from Ireland to join the LDS Saints in Salt Lake.  They crossed the plains with their seven children, however, John McCleve died just three days before they were to arrive in the Salt Lake Valley.  After Nancy Jane McFerrin McCleve got to Salt Lake, she later married David Ellsworth and had more children.  My Mom descends from Nancy's daughter by John McCleve, Margaret McCleve (and her husband Mosiah Lyman Hancock).  My Dad descends from Nancy's son by David Ellsworth, Davisel Ellsworth (and his wife, Emma Ann Halladay).

Granted this was many generations ago, but this excuse ("my parents are related") comes in handy when I do something stupid.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...